This post is devoted to some new, beautiful nail polishes. I have a long love for Corals, Nudes, and Pinks, but I decided to brand out a bit and get some pastel shades for spring. Here are the newcomers and my thoughts.
1. OPI – Toucan Do It If You Try. This is a bright orange-creme pastel. I thought that I would love this… but I don’t really. I will still wear it sometimes, but I will never crave seeing this color on my nails. It is probably my least favorite from this bunch.
2. Essie – E-Nuff is E-Nuff. WOW! Go ahead and buy this one… before I buy them all. I love this. The picture above does not do this color justice. It is a gorgeous red/pink coral. I keep repainting my nails this color because I love it so much. Also Essie’s formula was spot on, as always.
3. Marc Jacobs – 116 Shocking. An impulse buy, but one that I don’t regret. This polish is a vibrant, opaque pink. I don’t want to say hot pink because it isn’t that shocking, but it is a perfect summer color. This formula was very nice as well, it lasted for a solid 4 days before I decided to repaint my nails.
4. Red Carpet – Violetta Darling. I am actually wearing this color as I write this. I have only had it on for 2 days now, but I am enjoying the color. It is a nice cool purple and is muted down enough that I feel like I can get a lot of use out of it, even though I normally prefer nudes.
5. Ciate Dollhouse Mini – This polish was supposed to come in a set of polishes, but I actually bought it on it’s own at Sephora. I’ve swatched this and think that the color is very similar to the Red Carpet polish above. It is matte, but I don’t like mattes, so I put a top coat over it.
6. Essie – Shore Thing. This is a pale sea-foam green. I like this color so much more than Essie’s Mint Candy Apple that everyone was going cray about not that long ago. I don’t like pastels that have a hint of fluorescence. This is an “earthy” version. I have worn this once thus far, and was pleased with the application and lasting power.
7. Essie – San Tropez. This is a creme, nude tan color. I found it to be a little thick. It is probably my second least favorite. Its ok, but I didn’t know that this would be so opaque, or I probably wouldn’t have gotten it. I will still wear this, but it won’t be a color that I am constantly reaching for.
Hope you enjoyed reading about the new additions to my nail collection. If you would like to see more of the collection, manicure tutorial, or a gel nail how to comment in the box below. Are there any polished you have tried lately and loved… or hated I suppose? Thanks for reading.