Over Spring Break, I decided to buy some new skincare bits to freshen everything up. I was able to get ahold of trial sizes of a few of these before I purchased the full sized versions and one of these is a trial size. Anyway, here are the new products and my thoughts on them.
1. Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 Cleanser. I found a trial size of this in my Mom’s bathroom drawer and started using it in the evenings to remove my makeup. I actually really like this product; it’s a soothing, cleansing balm. I apply it with a cotton pad and massage it in and my makeup pretty much melts off. This product is also quite moisturizing. I do like to wash my face after I use this, just to make sure that everything is off my face for the night.
2. Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask. I thought long and hard about this purchase. I love Ren’s Clarifying Clay Cleanser. Based on that and all of the glowing online reviews, I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I am glad I did. It smells fruity and has a thick, gelatinous texture. I have used this twice since its purchase and both times it has left my skin feeling impossibly smooth and gorgeous, particularly on the next day. I will add that my skin is sensitive and I have to very cautious not to leave this mask on too long. I think I did the second time I used it and my skin was still a pale pink the next day, but it wasn’t very noticeable.
3. La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche. This was somewhat of a spur of the moment purchase. I had been watching Amelia Liana’s French Pharmacy Haul Video and she kind of raved about La Roche-Posay and it inspired me to try out some of their products. I am still somewhat undecided on this particular product. It claims to help the skin retain moisture by infusing the skin with water and tightening cell junctions. That is a pretty stiff claim… I have liked using it, but I am not sure that it does what it claims. It smells a bit like play dough, and has a sort of gel texture, and leaves the skin feeling a bit tacky… so?
4. La Roche-Posay Effaclar MAT. I love this product. It is very similar in texture to the previous product, but it doesn’t have a smell. It goes on very smoothly, but has a powdery texture once on the skin. My skin feels so smooth and fresh after I’ve used this. It is very moisturizing, but does not leave any type of oily residue, like heavier moisturizers do. I also think that it helps my face stay matte over the course of the day. I tend to get a bit of shine on my t-zone in the afternoons, but I have noticed that it has been way less since I started using this moisturizer.
5. Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple Cleanser. I also found this product in my Mom’s drawer, and then she was nice and gave it to me. I have read quite a few reviews on this cleanser, and I am not entirely decided on this one yet. I do like it, but I am not yet sure if this will become a staple in my skincare lineup. I like the smell; it is very light, with a touch of lemon and “soap”. It does leave my face feeling pretty soft, but also a tad dry. I’m going to continuing using it and then I will report back after I have finally decided.
Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed reading about these new skincare bits. Have any of you tried these products, or have any to recommend? Thanks for reading!